ENEL OPEN INNOVABILITY CHALLENGE® | Innovative solutions to electrify public transport
Challenge Expiration Date: September 30, 2021
Reward: Collaboration with Enel
Enel X is looking for creative solutions that can augment the existing electric mobility offering for public transportation. The technology must be validated and ready for implementation, while satisfying local public administration requirements and regulations.
Enel X is Enel’s global business line dedicated to the development of innovative products and digital solutions in sectors where energy is showing the greatest potential for transformation: cities, homes, industries, and electric mobility. Enel X is a company of Enel Group, a multinational energy company and one of the world’s leading integrated electricity and gas operators. Enel works in more than 30 countries across five continents, generating energy with a total installed capacity of more than 88 GW among which 49 based on renewable sources.
As a global leader in the advanced energy solution section, Enel X provides each partner with an intuitive, personalized ecosystem of tech platforms and consulting services, focusing on sustainability and circular economy principles in order to provide people, communities, institutions and companies with an alternative model that respects the environment and integrates technological innovation into daily life. Therefore, Enel X seeks pioneering technologies to facilitate the electrification of public transport and improve the user experience.
This Challenge provides contribution to the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- SDG 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- SDG 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- SDG 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
As the world moves towards cleaner sources of fuel in the pursuit of reducing emissions, electric powered transportation is a sustainable alternative that is more cost-efficient and energy-efficient than traditional gas-powered vehicles. Enel X is looking for solutions that can leverage its current offerings, increase the citizen experience, and enhance the company’s return on investment. Successful proposals must integrate with pre-existing services, but should not duplicate what is currently available – see list of Out of Scope items below. Furthermore, for large scale adoption of electric mobility to be successful, there needs to be collaboration between companies and local authorities to oversee the implementation of new technological solutions.
Enel X is searching for solutions that can enrich the current eBus proposition (e.g. eVehicles, charging stations) with further services granting added value to customers. One example of a desirable solution is a decision support system for Public Transport Planning, based on Open Data (i.e. Digital solution able to define Urban Plan for Sustainable Mobility).
OUT OF SCOPE:
- Traffic Light Management systems for operations and maintenance (O&M)
- Intelligent Transport System solutions
- Digital advertising
- Vehicle telematics solutions, ticketing systems and fleet management software
- Service management and efficiency (i.e. EV Smart Charging Systems)
- Camera/VideoAnalysis based traffic monitoring
- Public Transport Electrification simulators
- Charging Stations
- Mobile app for Trip Planning
- Car/Bike sharing solutions
- Rewarding/gamification apps for end users
- Submissions must address the following Solution Requirements.
- Both Hardware and Software Solutions must be validated and implemented into at least one of the target countries (focus is EU/LATAM/US), and compliant with specific local public administration requirements and regulations;
- Interoperability with pre-existing services (i.e. Hardware Solution must integrate seamlessly and be able to leverage synergies with most common eBus models);
- New synergic ancillary services, that can empower existing Enel X core eBus offering (charging stations, smart charging systems, digital services like City Analytics and VideoAnalysis, smart infrastructures like smart shelter/smart bus stops);
- Software Solutions must be high interoperable (microservices, APIs) and potentially integrate easily with Enel X pre-existing platforms (Public lighting, charging station, Enel X platform for public administration);
- Solution that leverages the electric vector/Enel X eBus offering to generate operational savings and additional benefit for public transport companies, thereby increasing value in terms of service management and/or efficiency;
- Technology readiness level (TLR) between 7 and 9.
Tipologia: Challenge prize
Paese: Brasile, Messico, ITALIA, Svizzera, Spagna, Australia, Norvegia, Repubblica Ceca, India, Regno Unito, Danimarca, Cina, Germania, Cile, Sudafrica, Serbia, Francia, Finlandia, Austria, Giappone, Vietnam, Federazione Russa, Paesi Bassi, Egitto, Argentina, Singapore, Malesia, Lituania, Svezia, Israele, Canada, Corea del Sud, Stati Uniti d'America, Belgio
SSD: 01 - Scienze matematiche e informatiche, 02 - Scienze fisiche, 03 - Scienze chimiche, 04 - Scienze della terra, 05 - Scienze biologiche, 06 - Scienze mediche, 07 - Scienze agrarie e veterinarie, 08 - Ingegneria civile e Architettura, 09 - Ingegneria industriale e dell'informazione, 10 - Scienze dell'antichità, filologico-letterarie e storico-artistiche, 11 - Scienze storiche, filosofiche, pedagogiche e psicologiche, 12 - Scienze giuridiche, 13 - Scienze economiche e statistiche, 14 - Scienze politiche e sociali